On the air: MRSN to broadcast JUCO playoffs

Posted: March 3, 2010 by Jared Field in College
FLINT, Michigan — For the second straight year, the Michigan Regional Sports Network will provide a live audio webcast of the NJCAA District 8 and 9 mens basketball tournament semifinals and finals from Mott Community College in Flint. Matchups and tipoff times for Friday’s semifinals are as follows:
  • Grand Rapids vs Lansing at 1 PM
  • Kalamazoo Valley vs Glen Oaks at 3 PM
  • Oakland vs St. Clair County at 5:30 PM
  • Henry Ford vs. Mott at 7:30 PM
Saturday the Grand Rapids-Lansing winner will play the Kalamazoo-Glen Oaks winner for the District 8 title at 1:00 PM and the Oakland-St. Clair winner will face the Ford-Mott winner at 3:00 PM for the District 9 title.  Both winners will advance to the national tournament in Danville, Illinois.
Bill Schnorenberg and Donald Mathews will bring the action of all games live at www.mrsn.us.
About these ads
Comments
  1. JucoJunkie says:

Just for fun, my predictions for the District 9 (Eastern Conference) playoffs are: OCC defeats SC4; Mott defeats HFCC; and Mott defeats OCC for the championship. All of the games should be close ones and really could go either way. As much as I would like to see SC4 pull off an upset and win it all, I don’t think they have enough inside power to beat OCC or Mott.

• PJR says:

Oakland beat SC4, agree with that. But I gotta go with HFCC beating Mott. The Mott home court will be a tough advantage to overcome but HFCC almost did it the first time with a couple key guys having bad games. Then HFCC beats Oakland in the finals. Hopefully at the Nationals they won’t get off to the two bad starts they did last year. Last year they really should have won the National tournament, just woke up too late, and this year they have the capability to win the National Championship as well.

2. JucoJunkie says:

Well, according to the MCCAA web site, SC4 defeated OCC by the score of 78-73. I tried to listen to it on MRSN, but I couldn’t get it to work. Next is the big game between Mott and HFCC.

3. JucoJunkie says:

That’s why I don’t bet on games. Both of the teams that I picked to win, lost. But at this time of the year, all of the teams are capable of winning. I’ll be in Flint tomorrow to root for the Skippers to win the big one.

4. MRSN says:

Ford 62, Mott 61

• PJR says:

MRSN fellas, did you ever find out if you have last year’s radio broadcasts archived for Henry Ford vs Glenn Oaks, Henry Ford vs Oakland, and Henry Ford vs Flint Mott? Let me know with a post here.