Derrick Nix: Trash talking team managers?

Posted: March 3, 2010 by Jared Field in College

Just when I thought I’d seen it all, I read that Derrick Nix was trash talking the team managers for Purdue before Sunday’s game.

Here’s the story from the Grand Rapids Press in which Nix utters this jewel: “‘We’re gonna bust y’all’s ass.”

Trash talk doesn’t bother me, but typically the guys folding the towels get left out. At least Nix is a equal opportunity kind of guy.

Comments
  1. Marcellus Miller says:

Nice…

2. muthguy1 says:

Maybe Mr. Nix is just showing a little sense of humor. I would need a lot more context for me to think negatively of him because of that.

I’m not asking anyone to think negatively about anything. I just thought it was funny.

• muthguy1 says:

Sorry I left you that impression. This site is one of my favorite things to read.

I guess I was trying to express that this is a minor incident for me – a bit funny, if anything.

3. Murph says:

Who cares? Ooo Ooo I heard from somebody that might’ve heard that Nix said this and that. School girl talk.

4. Trentsahole says:

He thought it was funny and so do I. It would have been better if the story would have involved him stealing a little debbie cake from the manager.

• PJR says:

Pretty funny on the sneaking a little debbie joke! Nix has probably been MSU’s biggest surprise. Now Nix never ever ever deserved the Mr. B award, that was a sham. But to his credit he’s working hard at MSU, and it’s gotten him beyond serviceable to darn near impact, but just for 3-4 minutes a game! Keep working big fella! Become a vegetarian and look like Bill Walton and impact all game long!

5. Murph says:

Then leave it in the paper. End of story. Who cares? You don’t like Derrick Nix. Someone who gives scholarships does. Weigh the facts!

6. Williford says:

Why are there so many people trying to call other people out in this fashion on here?
    These are OPINIONS. If you don’t like them, don’t post, or at least show some decency when you ARE posting.
    These guys don’t have to get on here and give these stories or this information to us, but they do.
    Show some respect.

7. Murph says:

The fact that you’ll go out of your way to pick at anything you don’t like and slob the knob of anyone you do like.

8. J says:

I just wanted to say thanks for posting this. I enjoyed the article and would have not have read it if I didn’t see it posted here. I go to State and Nix seems like a good guy and has put in a lot of work to get into better shape. I just wish everyone would quit hating on him for winning Mr. Basketball; its not like he voted for himself.

9. Gavin Raath says:

Well I was initially annoyed with Derrick Nix after a Mr. Basketball interview he did with one of the Detroit papers. He was asked who his role models were or something like that, and his response: himself. Not Jordan, Shaq or LeBron, or even a former great Dough-boy, which there have been many, or a former great Spartan, which there have been many. I’m always going to have a hard time stomaching anything from someone with kind of arrogance, especially after air-balling a free throw in the state title game, and being out-played by a guy that he’s five inches taller than.

10. […] Personally, I’m just excited to cleanse the 2009 process from my memory. […]