The ballots are mailed: Vote for Michigan Mr. Basketball

Posted: March 10, 2011 by Jared Field in High School

Comments

So am I wrong to question why Anderson made the list and George Goodman did not? Did he have a better season? I’m not certain he did.

2. Gavin says:

George is definitely the top player in class C.

Jalen Reynolds probably should have been on the list too.

My vote is hen ton.

3. Bryan says:

Vote goes to Henton because I think he gives consistent effort all four quarters. Amir is more dominating, but not always the case with him.

4. gregjohnson says:

Has Henton chosen a college yet? If not who is he considering.

5. Dantana says:

What happened to Dwaun this year? He was all the buzz last year during his trip to the Breslin. Dont hear a thing about him this year.

6. SBell says:

Anderson has NBA potential. Goodman is just a high school player, albeit a good one.

7. Gavin says:

NBA potential should nothing to do with this award. If so, then Keith benson should have won it over David kool. Goodman is “just” the better high school player. It’s not a knock on dwaun.

I totally agree. I think Goodman had the better season between the two. But, as we all know, the criterion for the award has evolved.

• muthguy1 says:

Your comment is making me curious.

There does seem to be a West Side vs. East Side divide.

Do you think this is “politics” or the idea that it’s easier to be impressed with someone you’ve seen vs. someone you’ve just heard about.

I live in Lansing, and I’m amazed by LaDontae Henton and his improvement and the things he can do. (I sometimes wonder how he would do as a wide receiver in football, too – – so much speed, strength, jumping ability and such great hands.)

I have to admit, I’ve never seen Kearney play, although from what I’ve read about him, he must be a tremendous player, too.

It would be hard to vote for someone you haven’t seen.

I guess there is no perfect way to do that kind of reward, though.