Chris Harrison-Docks is living up to the hype at Okemos

Posted: February 4, 2010 by Jared Field in High School

Sophomore guard Chris Harrison-Docks is, apparently, all he was cracked up to be. The 6-0 point guard prospect at Okemos transferred to Michigan from the state of Kentucky a brought with him more than just a dab of fanfare. He, after all, already had division one scholarship offers from several mid-majors.

Now that he’s settled in, it’s clear that Harrison-Docks is among the state’s best player in the 2012 class.

Over his last five games, CHD is averaging nearly 22 points per game including a 27-point effort against East Lansing and an equally-impressive 30 points against Jackson. He’s better than former Okemos stud guard Jonathon Jones at this stage, but only time will tell if he will end up being a stud in college like the aforementioned Jones.

Comments
  1. James says:

The kid is hands down one of the best guards regardless of class. More of a combo than a point, he is exciting to watch. Lansing hoops will be blessed for 2 more years. Wow.

2. T.Epley says:

The thing is…Okemos lost their leading scorer in Travis Bader 20ppg (Oakland U) and conference Player of the Year. The leading returning scorer for Okemos averaged 7ppg last year. I did not expect them to be anything close to a league contender. The fact that they are competitive in an even more competitive league this year lets you know the impact Harrison-Docks has made this year.

Yeah. He’s an elite shooter, but I just questioned who he could guard at that level. I felt the same about Clarkston’s Brandon Pokley.

4. Williford says:

Bader isn’t a bad shooter at all. He has been red-shirted and was originally a walk-on. I’m not shocked that he’s D1, just a little bit surprised that he is at a high mid-major program.

5. Williford says:

& We’ve played schools such as Kansas, Memphis, Syracuse, Michigan State, Oregon, etc.

I mean, I guess you could say that I have a lot of school pride. But yes, they’re a high mid-major program.

6. Williford says:

So you’re saying Oakland isn’t capable of playing at that higher level?

I mean, I agree with you in some parts. But I believe that they are a talented team, in a lot of different areas. Although I don’t always agree with Kampe, I think he’s a coach who knows the ups and downs of basketball.