Saginaw Valley State University head men’s basketball coach Frankie Smith resigned on Monday and the job is already posted. That’s quite an impressive $5,000 salary range. Who wants it?
To develop, promote and supervise all facets of the University’s Men’s Basketball program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that all relevant institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations are followed, including: player eligibility, recruiting efforts, financial aid, practice schedules, etc.
- Promote a positive academic environment and encourage all athletes to strive for academic excellence.
- Prepare and execute practice and game plans, strategies and alternatives which are designed to bring success to the program.
- Provide moral support and encouragement and ensure the safety and well-being of student athletes.
- Establish and maintain community contacts which enhance the program.
- Assist with the purchase, maintenance and inventory of uniforms and equipment.
- Direct and manage the recruiting efforts of the program within the financial limits of Athletic Assistance Grants.
- Provide supervision of program staff, including hiring, training, performance review and staff meetings.
- Promote in a positive manner the enhancement and growth of summer camps through recruitment, promotions, supervision and operation.
- Serve on committees which promote or pertain to the basketball program or student athletes.
- Prepare and manage the program operating budget.
- Work with the Strength & Conditioning Coach in designing the strength and conditioning program you want implemented for your team.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with media.
- Maintain appropriate communications with student athletes and parents.
- Assist in the planning of banquets, fund raising efforts and other activities which promote the program.
- Manage travel arrangements for the team.
Minimum Qualifications:MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor degree.
- Five years of collegiate basketball coaching experience.
Preferred Qualifications:RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to project a positive and professional image in pressure situations.
- Ability to provide leadership to student athletes and staff.
- Physical and mental ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Additional Information: Salary range $75,000 – $80,000 to commensurate experience